Monday 20 August 2018

Hen do...part 1 of 3: Spa (will update this title when I’ve added parts 2&3!)

Wow...time flies when you’re having fun...just over three months (May 15th) since my Mum took me on an overnight spa trip at Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa in the Lake District right on the beautiful Lake Bassenthwaite near Keswick. I absolutely loved spending some chilled out girly time with my Mum for the first time in well...ever! When we got there, finally - there was a diversion we had to take around the lake but they were happy to move our spa appointments to a little later so we didn’t have to rush about we went up to our room which was nice, pretty and most importantly- clean, we both bumped our heads on the little balcony door (which said mind your head above it ), I got excited about there being a full television in the shower, but we were so hungry we soon left and went down to the bar restaurant for some food! I had a lovely but very spicy vegetable fajita and my mum had a free range egg mayonnaise sandwich that was huge and I ended up eating half because I couldn’t handle all my hot salsa! After a quick drink we went back up to the room, we changed into our robes and complementary slippers the hotel had put in our room and headed down to the spa! The area the spa is in in the hotel isn’t the best but once you got into the spa area this is totally forgotten!  It completely opened my eyes to going to spas in general! I was worried I’d be self conscious, I was anxious about being anxious, but the spa was so lovely and chilled out I had a great time, special mother and daughter bonding time! My mum went off for a facial whilst I had my toes done (my first ever gel paint, I went for a shimmery dark purple!) by a really lovely girl who was so friendly I felt like we were just mates in a really pretty moodlit private room! After our treatments my mum and I went off for a dip in the pool where she challenged me to a few swimming races, which I won at first but then she beat me in stamina 😂 We also spent some time in the outside mini infinity pool before heading back up to the room to shower and get ready for dinner and drinks! We had some delicious cocktails in their cocktail bar and then unfortunately the dinner let it down a bit! There wasn’t much choice for vegetarians, vegans or my Mum who is a pescatarian. But we made up for it again afterwards with more drinks and giggles!! Breakfast was lovely in the morning and we experienced having our eyelashes tinted before we left! We also managed to fit in a walk down to the lake which was great, we wanted to get our steps in! (Fit bit users!) Thank you Mum for an amazing time! We definitely need to do it again, just need an excuse! I’ll post some pics and boomerangs below of some of the things I’ve mentioned above to break up this part to parts 2 & 3 because as soon as I got back from the spa, I said a quick hi to Roxy who was being looked after by my Dad and set off down south to go sleep in Peterborough for the night before collecting my two bridesmaids at 5am for a flight to Amsterdam!





No comments:

Post a Comment